I am currently being forced to eat gluten so that my doctor can test me for Celiac disease. I eat it at breakfast and go for healthier, as-gluten-free-as-possible, delicious options through out the rest of the day.
Today I wanted something that reminded me of a sandwich- but without the bread. I didn’t come up with a new idea really, but this is a really delicious bread-free lunch you may want to try. I made my own variation. So here are the steps.
1 fresh and ripe tomato
salt and pepper
1. Get a tomato and cut a big slice off of it. This will be your bread. Salt and pepper the top lightly if desired.
2. Place cottage cheese on top, as much as you like.
3. I LOVE Sriracha sauce, so I used this as my main spice and sprinkled four dots on top. I used a spoon to mix it in gently and started on my egg.
4. Next, the egg! I fried mine in coconut oil but feel free to do whatever style you please. I didn’t add any seasoning to the egg.
5. Now we need the rest of our “bun”. Cut another thick slice of tomato and add it on top.
6. Enjoy! I used a steak knife and fork to cut through this gorgeous meal and eat it. It only took a couple of minutes to make and was unbelievably fresh and delicious. I recommend it as an alternative to sandwiches. I think if you had a small round container that fit it tightly, you could take this to work. A quick zap in the microwave would be enough to make it warm and delicious again. Just make sure to take a knife and fork with you…and some napkins! 😀